Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2018

My challenging maths DLO

W.A.L.T work out discounts using fractions and percentages.

Hello welcome back. This week we have been learning about how to work out discounts using fractions and percentages. when I started using percentages it was really confusing. But when I started learning more about percentages I started getting use to using percentages. This is how I figured out how to work my question.1/2 is the same as 50% eg half 100=50. 1/4 is the same as 25% eg half 100=50 half 50=25. My first question was 50% off $22.00 I worked it out by halfing $22.00=11 I now that because  11+11=22. My second question was 25% off $44.00 I worked it out by halfing $44.00=24 half the 24=12 so it must be $12.00. I have a question for you guys when you watched my video did you pick it up very fast or did you have to watch it a couple times?please leave a positive,helpful and thoughtful comment and please don't be scared to comment what I have done wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.