Pages

Monday 15 November 2021

My LED Sign!

 Kia ora Everyone, I am starting a new class which is door signs/LED signs. For the next 4 weeks, I am going to be recording my process by writing on this blog post each session. 

Lesson 1:

So The designs I am thinking of doing is a cultural pattern or an animal/nature themed pattern. I would also like to put words on my sign like for example if im doing a cultural pattern I could put, Samoa or a sort of tropical quote. The acrylic I am going to be using is clear because I would like to make my LED lights turn different colours every 5  seconds or so.

Aim: I am aiming to make my acrylic sign something that I like and enjoy making.

Lesson 2:

This is going to be the design that I have chosen to do for my sign:

Polynesian Flower Tattoo Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

List what voltage and resistor you will need next your LEDs:

Voltage = 4.5v

Resistor =4.5 ohms

Talk about why is it important to use a resistor? 

It is important to use a resistor because it will prevent the light bulbs from blowing up.

What does LED stand for and what do you need to make sure of when you connect it up in a circuit?

Led stands for light emitting diode, and you need to make sure when connecting the LED lights to the circuit you have to put it the right way up.

Lesson 3:

Work what Ohm Resistor you will need for your project.

What will the colour code of a this resistor be?

What do you think the Tolerance rating means?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.