Pages

Monday 2 August 2021

Aotearoa Map

Aotearoa Map:

Hello everyone, Welcome back to another week for this term. To start off today's session of wananga we were finding out where places/cities and oceans were located in and around New Zealand AKA Aotearoa. We also had to write down a fact for each city we had to find so here is my work.

Facts:

Wellington - Wellington is the capital city of New Zealand

Auckland - Auckland was the old capital city of New Zealand

South Island- South island is the biggest island in New Zealand

South Pacific ocean - The S-Pacific ocean covers more than 30 percent of the ocean

North island - Home to the worlds largest mainland colony of gannets

The Tasman Sea - The Tasman Sea is the sea between Australia and New Zealand. It was named after Dutch explorer Abel Tasman

Christchurch - Christchurch is now the most popular city in the south island and is also the second-largest city (after Auckland)


Thank you for reading my blog post.







No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.