Pages

Thursday 2 September 2021

Wananga Activity - The seven wonders in the world

Wananga Activity!

Kia ora everyone, welcome back to another blog post for this week. For today's second blog post I am posting about the seven wonders in the world. I have picked this task out of our activity board that our teacher made for us, I picked this task because I don't know much about the seven wonders in the world, and also I just sounded interesting and fun to research about.  Do you know what the seven wonders of the world are? if you don't this is your lucky day to learn about them. 


What are the seven wonders in the world?

  1. Taj Mahal - Agra, India
  2. Colosseum - Rome, Italy
  3. Machu Picchu - Peru
  4. Christ the Redeemer - Rio, Brazil
  5. Chichen Itza - Yucatan, Mexico
  6. Petra - Wadi Musa, Jordan
  7. Great Wall of China - Beijing, China

What are they?

Eight Secrets of the Taj Mahal | Travel | Smithsonian Magazine

Taj Mahal - an ivory-white marble mausoleum, was built for Shah Jahan's favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal.


Colosseum - Wikipedia

Colosseum - a large amphitheater that hosted events like gladiatorial games, It was built during the reign of the Flavian emperors as a gift to the Roman people.


Follow the Machu Picchu trail for a carbon-free future - Pacto de alcaldes

Machu Picchu - a 7,000-foot tall mountain in the Andes Mountain, the most visited location in Peru.


How to Visit Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro • Albom Adventures

Christ the Redeemer - symbolic protector of people, provides protection for the soul.


Chichen Itza - Wikipedia

Chichen Itza - This was a large Mayan city established in the fifth century B.C. in central Yucan, was a very important religious center.


Petra Jordan - Tips for Visiting and Things to See | The Planet D

Petra - An ancient city that lies in present-day Jordan and dates back to the fourth century B.C.


Visiting the China Great Wall: All you need to know | Bookmundi

Great Wall of China - An ancient series of fortifications totaling more than 13,000 miles in length.


Thank you for reading my blog post!


1 comment:

  1. Tau Kē Khaylanie! I like the pictures and descriptions you have used. Next time please make sure everything is rewritten in your own words. Do you want to travel to any of these places one day?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.