Pages

Friday 5 November 2021

Gender equality - Social studies

 Gender Equality:

Kia ora everyone, Welcome back to another blog post. For the past 3 weeks, I have been working on a case study about The Women's suffrage and gender equality. For the first 2 weeks, I have been researching the famous Kate Shepard and the women's suffrage movement, This was a practice for our final essay in which we got to pick our topic. Then for the final week, it was time to write our essay that was based on human rights, which I choose to pick Gender equality.

What Is gender equality?

Gender equality is when all genders have equal rights, responsibilities and opportunities. But then gender equality comes with inequality which could affect all people like men, women, trans etc. This impacts all ages and backgrounds. Gender equality might also mean that men and women should be treated the same or differently, An example of this is women and men should get paid the same for working the same hours and doing the same jobs or it could be that both genders should be treated differently with medicines and methods to make there healthcare equal. 

Why do we need equality?

We urgently need gender equality because it can prevent violence between all genders. If everyone has fair equal rights then we won't have problems with each other. It is important for us to keep gender equality so then everyone has equal opportunities to make the most of their lives, and it is believed that everyone should be treated the same even though they are of a different race, gender, size whatsoever.

Conclusion

Overall I just think that keeping gender equality is important because I believe that everyone should be treated the same and should have equal opportunities as everyone else, and I also believe that keeping gender equality, will again prevent violence from happening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.