Pages

Thursday 4 November 2021

Science - Electrical House Project

 Electrical House Project!

Kia ora everyone, Welcome back to another science blog post. For our last project for Science, we have been making and drawing out electrical houses. Our task was to pick out of the 3 houses to draw out, Each house was different levels I choose to pick the hardest house which was house 3. For this house, we had to have at least 5 rooms and only 10-12 light bulbs. 

Our second task was making a circuit diagram (using a circuit diagram kit). The aim of this task was to connect as many light bulbs together and to also get them to work/glow. 

Aim: To create a successful Electrical house 


Method:

Starting steps:

  • Pick which house you want to do.
  • Draw out your house and pick where your rooms are gonna be.
  • Draw where all your light bulbs are gonna be.
Calculating steps:

1. The first step was to calculate all the sides of the house AKA the perimeter of the house. 

2. The second step was to calculate the Area of each bedroom (the hallway counted as a room cause it had light bulbs).

3. The last step was to add all the measurements together of the bedrooms to create the total area of the house.


Results: 

My calculations:

The perimeter of the house=114

Bedroom 1 = 160

Bedroom 2 = 48m

Bedroom 3 = 130m

Bedroom 4 = 112m

Bedroom 5 =64m

Bedroom 6 = 48m

Total Area = 601.25m

Total current = 24.28A


Discussion:

The term voltage means, a measure of how much energy the current is carrying.

The term current means, the rate of flow of electrical charge across a point.

The term resistance means, a measure of the opposition to current flow in an electrical circuit.

How to do the calculations:

To find the voltage = I x R

To find current = V / R

To find Resistance = V/I


Conclusion:

To sum it all up, This project was fun but at the same time a little confusing at first. When we first started this project I was just lost and didn't know what to do, but then over the weeks, I started to understand it more and also started to enjoy doing it. Next time I would like to do my diagram a little better because it was messy but other than that I wouldn't change anything else I did. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.