Pages

Thursday 1 July 2021

Term 2 ICT!!

ICT semester 1!

Hi, guys welcome back to another blog post. For today I am going to be sharing about work that we have been doing in ICT for this semester with Mr. Cater. I had joined ICT about halfway through term 1 but I still got to learn a good amount of things. In this class, we used, Microsoft, Publisher, Word, and Excel. All these Apps were very useful for each of the topics that we were working on. The apps were also very similar to the normal Google apps that students would use every day. This is the work I have been doing for this semester.

List of work we did:

Using word Document:

Week 7 & 8

Drawing

Year 9 - boat, TV, Flowers


Week 9

Easter Recipes - numbered instructions


Week 10 & 11

Basic Design

Year 9 - Kids Eat Free, Disney


Using Publisher:


Week 4 & 5

Publisher

Greetings Cards, Calendars, Certificates


Using Excel:


Week 6-8

Excel

Yellow Book - basic formulae, graphs



Publisher:

publisher was a very simple app and it was almost like google slides but it just had more features to it. Using publisher it was very easy to present work like for example we made a calendar and publisher was very helpful because everything I needed was on there. our task was to make a 2021 calendar but unfortunately, I didn't get to finish it all. I added photos into my calendar, and it was based on things I loved, or when it was a family member's birthday month I added balloons or a cake. Using publisher was very simple which also made it sort of boring but I still had a great time learning about things you can make and do on publisher, anyways here is my work.

Link to more of my work




Word Document:

The second tool we learned to use is a word document. We just learned the basics of the tool. We used a pronto book to get all the information and work from it and how to properly use the tool. We worked on transferring/Copying the work from the book to the computer. I didn't learn much because it was very much like Google documents. But I did learn how to do other things like, Insert photos, Download things, and also how to put it on my drive. 






Excel:
the last tool we used was Excel, which in my opinion it was my favorite tool to use because there were so many things that I learned that I didn't know you could do on Excel. Excel is similar to google sheets it looks the same but again with just different features. Our task was to enter data from the book into the spreadsheet and calculate prices using formulas. Using Excel We learned how to merge texts, Auto sum (where the computer will answer the question for you whether it's multiplication or times), and more. This was probably one of the more challenging tools we used but it was also one of the more exciting tools. But here is the work I did using excel.




Conclusion:
So it has come to an end to semester 1 of ICT. ICT was differently full of work, but i am happy that I choose it because I got to learn many things using different tools on Microsoft. My favorite thing that we did in ICT was going on typing.Com for the first 10 minutes, because this helped me improve in typing skills, and I differently think I have improved. I liked using Excel the most because I learned the most from that tool. To sum it all up and think that this term of ICT was very helpful and also very fun. 

Thank you for reading my blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Khaylanie! What an impressive post! Not only have you reflected on each tool but your voice really comes through! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.