Pages

Friday 15 May 2020

How to make chocolate cake!

How to make chocolate cake!


Hi, guys welcome back to my blog. In Quarantine, I and my mum have been making a few chocolate cakes, so I thought I would share with you guys how to make a chocolate cake, and I will also be showing you guys how to make the icing for the cake. Enjoy!


Materials/equipment:

  1. Measuring  spoons/cups
  2. A spoon to mix with
  3. Two mixing blows 
  4. Baking pan




Ingredients  for the cake:


  1. Baking soda
  2. Cocoa powder
  3. Sugar
  4. milk
  5. oil ( Canola )
  6. salt
  7. Plain white flour
  8. 2 eggs
  9. Baking powder
  10.  vanilla essence
  11.  Boiling water

Method for Cake:

  1. 1 3/4 cups plain white flour
  2. 1 3/4 cups of sugar
  3. 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
  4. 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  5. 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
  6. 1/2 teaspoon salt
  7. (Mix these well together first then add the following;
  8. 2 eggs
  9. 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  10. 1/2 cup oil (canola)
  11. 1 cup milk
  12. 1 cup boiling water


Ingredients for the icing:


  1. Icing sugar
  2. butter
  3. water
  4. food coloring (optional)


Method - Basic chocolate icing


  1. 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
  2. 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  3. (mix these well together first then add the following;
  4. 1 teaspoon butter, melted ( 10 seconds at a time)
  5. 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  6. 1-3 tablespoons water (add 1 tablespoon at a time)





Conclusion:
Before you make your cake you want to put your oven on 160 degrees. Once you have made your cake put it in the oven for 30 minutes. So after that 30 minutes, you can use a toothpick to check if the cake is ready if you think that the cake is ready take it out of the oven and leave it to cool down then you can put your icing on your cake and decorate it. 
( PLEASE remember to turn off your oven)

Thank you for reading my blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.