Pages

Friday 12 June 2020

How much sugar is in Our drinks?

Hi, guys welcome back. For today's blog, I am going to be blogging about Health/math. So for health/math we have been learning about how much sugar is our drinks. So what we had to do first was write down in our math books how much sugar we think is in our drinks like for example, we had to guess how much teaspoons of sugar are in a bottle of coke and my group guessed 16 tsp, and the answer was 18 -20 tsp. For the activity, we had to for example in a sports drink there was 14 tsp so in 1 bag we had to add 14 tsp and if one bag wasn't big enough we had to use 2 bags. 

Our guess!

  1. Bottle of coke  16 tsp - Answer 18 - 16 tsp
  2. Energy drinks 20 tsp - Answer 14 tsp
  3. Sports drink 18 tsp - Answer 14 tsp
  4. powdered drinks 12 tsp - Answer 6 tsp
  5. Fruit juice 8 tsp  - Answer 8 tsp
  6. Flavored milk 10 tsp -  Answer 6 tsp



Here are two pictures of what we did!














































Conclusion:
I was really surprised by how much sugar is in our drinks. I really thought that there was less sugar in fizzy drinks and juice but now that I know that there is a lot of sugar in fizzy drinks and juice, I am going to drink less fizzy drinks and juice.

Thank you for reading my blog post have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. I am sure that many people would learn a lot by reading this post. Some of your guesses were not too far off! I find it easier to drink less sugary drinks if I always have my water bottle with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Bremner thank you for readimg my blog post. Yes our answers aren't to far off. I don't drink much fizzy because I try not to but when I do drink fizzy its a treat.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.