Pages

Monday 15 June 2020

Making Biltong!

Hi, guys welcome back to my blog. Today's blog is going to be about Science. In Science, we have been doing instructional writing. We have been using instructional to write out instructions On how you make Biltong.  If you didn't know what Biltong it is basically dry meat. In my opinion, it was hard understanding what to do or write but once I got more into the writing I understood more about what I had to do. 

In the process of making the Biltong. The people who finish their instructions, they got to make Biltong first, And the people who didn't finish their instructions they got to do it the following week. In that way, no one missed out on making Biltong.
Also when we were making Biltong the teachers had to cut the meat for us for safety reasons. 


Materials/Equipment
  • Plastic Bowl 
  • Chopping board
  • Paperclip or hook
  • Knife

Ingredients 
  • Sugar
  • Coarse salt
  • 1 strip of meat


Instructions
  1.  Write out the step-by-step instructions


  1. Get all of your equipment. 
  2. In the same bowl add a small handful of salt and sugar then mix.
  3. Next, get your meat and sprinkle a pinch of the salt mixture on one side of the meat.
  4. Then turn the meat over and sprinkle a pinch of the salt mixture on that side of the meat.
  5. Hang your biltong on a string line with a peg.
  6. Leave the meat hanging for 3 days in a dry cooling spot.
  7. When it is hard and dry you can eat it.

This will come to the end of this blog post. I am really excited to share the results with you guys because I have never made Biltong or eaten it before. I will make another blog post on the results of the Biltong because we have to wait for 3 days for the meat to dry out.

Thank you for reading my blog post Bye!







No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.