Pages

Thursday 10 June 2021

Raising Water Experiment/Science

Hello everyone, welcome back to another blog post. In Science today we did an exciting experiment. The experiment is called raising water. I worked in a group with Bailey, and I think we worked really well with each other cause we got through the whole experiment. The purpose of the experiment is to see the candle slowly go out when we put the cup over it.

The Aim of the Experiment: to see what happens to the water level and the Candle when we put the cup over it. 

The Hypothesis: I think that when we have put the cup over the Candle the water will slowly start to evaporate 

Equipment:

  • Cup
  • Water
  • Candle
  • Petri Dish
  • Liter or matches
  • Food colouring Optional (To see the Results Better)

Instructions:
First, get all your equipment ready for the experiment. First, get your petri dish and put your candle in the centre of it. Secondly, use a beaker or a cup to carefully pour water into the petri dish without getting the candle wet. With parental Guidance Lite your candle on fire with a liter or a match. Then wait for your candle to blow out and watch the steam raise up.

Results:
What I saw happen was that when we had put the cup over the candle it had slowly started to go out because it had no more oxygen to be lit in. Then once the Candle had gone out Steam started to raise up the top of the cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.