Pages

Tuesday 14 April 2020

All about rabbits!

 Hi, guys welcome back to my blog today. I am going to be sharing some facts about 2 Different types of rabbits. Do you like Rabbits? I love rabbits, I have had rabbit sense 5. I got my first rabbit on my 5th birthday, and I still have rabbits today.

Here are just some simple facts about rabbits:

  •  A female rabbit is called a doe.
  • A male rabbit is called a buck.
  • A young rabbit is called a kit (or kitten).
  • More than half of the world's rabbits live in North America.
  • Rabbits have long ears which can be as long as 10 cm (4 in).
lifespan: most rabbits in the wild only live for 1 -2 years.
Well cared indoor rabbits can live up to 7 - 10 years.

What is your favourite type of rabbit? My one of mine is a mini lop. They are really cute rabbits that have their ears hanging down.

I used to have a mini lop that was white with light brown spots. It looked like this.

Ultimate List of All Rabbit Breeds

facts about mini lops:

mini lops can weigh between 2.6lbs and 4lbs with 3.6lbs being the ideal. 
How big do mini lops get? mini lops should be around 1.5 kilograms or 3.3 pounds when they are fully grown.
At what age are mini lops fully grown? an adult mini lop should reach their adult weight at nine to ten months.
Mini lop rabbits can have up to 5 babies per litter 
mini lops can live up to 5 - 10 years.

Facts about Rex Rabbits
Rex Rabbit

rex rabbits have round bodies with broad heads.
A female rex rabbit may have a skin flap under their chin.
rex rabbits have a short lifespan and they can live only up to 5-6 years.
How big do rex rabbits get?  rex rabbits are considered medium-sized bunnies. They can grow up to be 12 inches in length. the average weight is between 7 to 10 pounds.
rex rabbits can have lots of babies they can have 6 to 8 babies per litter whoa that is a lot of babies at once.

Thank you guys for reading my blog post. Feel free to leave a comment about facts that you know about rabbits. Keep safe everyone.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Khaylanie, I learnt heaps from this post. You are very lucky to have a pet rabbit! I used to have a Rex rabbit when I was younger and he was called Rex funnily enough! Next time you could convert the measurements from pounds to kgs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Miss Bremner thank you for commenting on my blog Next time I will for sure change my measurements from pounds to Kgs. Cheers. Keep safe

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.