Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2020

Reading Task!

Hi, guys welcome back to my blog today I am going to be sharing a story that I have been reading about for reading. After I finished reading the book I had to do some tasks about the story. Here are the tasks I did

The author is Gima Cole. 

First of all! 
The story was about a girl called Shelley that is from Auckland but she moved to Fiji. She was going for a swim with her cousin Eddy And she had a little accident and she dropped her phone into the water because of something long that was black and white came towards her which was a water snake.

The first task that I did was I tried to at least find 20 keywords and then use it to make a word cloud. 
when I was trying to find the keywords I ended up with a bunch of feelings and emotions so instead of it being about keyword it's about feelings and emotions that the characters had.

Here is my word cloud!



The second task that I did was I made an animation on one of the texts that I read. The text that I did was when she was taking pictures in the water until she sees a water snake coming towards her and she drops her phone by accident in the water then she swims away it to the warm sand.

Here is my animation!


Reflection:
I really like this story And I give a 9/10 because Shelley the girl was too scared to go in the water to get her phone because of the watersnake but she was brave enough and overcome her fears and she jumped in the water and got her phone.

Would you jump in the water to get your phone if there was a water snake in the water?

Thank you guys for reading my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome work Khaylanie! I love the wordcloud that you created, it was a great idea to describe Shelley's emotions. You also did a great job creating your animation. If I was Shelley I would not have gone into the water for the phone, I would be too scared by the snake!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.