Pages

Monday 20 May 2019

Hurumanu - The feet can measure the height.

Hurumanu - The feet can measure the height.


THE FEET CAN MEASURE THE HEIGHT


The bones of the feet can tell a lot about a person. What do feet reveal about a person's height? Forensic anthropologists team up with law enforcers to help solve crimes.
Bones of the feet can reveal an interesting fact about an individual. Let's combine maths with forensics to see how.

Image result for foot chart sizeImage result for foot to height ratio chart
Aim:  To use forensic science techniques to measure the height of a criminal.

Material:

  1. 1 meter  ruler
  2. Your self
  3. or some one else 
  4.  

Steps:

  1.  Get a one meter ruler
  2. measure your shoe or your foot. 
  3.  Then measure your height, get some one to help you. 
  4.  Record it on to your chat.
  5.  
Findings:
Bailey is 13.2 
Khaylanie me is 16.4
Name
Foot  (cm)
Height (cm)
khaylanie28cm1.7ocm
Bailey 21cm1.59





Conclusion:
My foot length is 28cm and my Height is a 1.70. Balieys foot length is 21cm and her height is a 1.59. And the materials we used to find out our foot length and height is basically only a one meter ruler. At the end we had to Divide the length of each person's foot by his/her height. then multiply it by 100. I ended up with 16.4 and bailey ended up with 13.2. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.