Pages

Friday 6 September 2019

Science: Green house affects. Hurumanu


The Greenhouse Effect experiment

Materials

  1. 1 plastic bottle.
  2. 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda and Citric Acid
  3. 1 heat lamp.
  4. 1 Thermometer.
  5. 100 ml of water.
  6. 1 rubber bung.

Procedures
  1. Come and collect all the materials from Mr palmer.
  2. Setting up the lights, bottles, thermometers, and bungs.
  3. Mr palmer adds the Baking soda mix with 100ml of water.
  4. Wait for 5 minutes and start recording the temperature. 

Variables: 
All water added to the bottle was from the classroom tap.




Minutes
Bottle 1: Water 
Bottle 2: CO2 Gas
018c18c
522c24c
1025c24c
152525
25No recordingNo recording
30No recordingNo recording
35No recordingNo recording
4030c41c












Conclusion:
The normal bottle of water didn't warm up as much as the one with gas in it. This is the same as climate change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.